Communities In Schools would not be able to provide support and assistance to its students and their families without the help of our volunteers. CIS offers many opportunities for individuals and groups to get involved and help kids succeed in schools.
On-Going Commitment Opportunities
Tutoring - Assist students in a one-on-one or group setting by providing them with the extra support they need to be academically successful. Subject placements depend on volunteer interests and expertise.
Mentoring - Mentors serve as positive, caring role models by developing meaningful relationships in order to help guide children to a healthy, happy, and successful life. Just one hour of your time a week can make a huge impact in the life of a child.
Tutoring/Mentoring Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must complete volunteer application and pass a background check
- Complete CIS Volunteer Training (2 Hour Class) and Darkness to Light Training (2 Hour Class offered online or in-person)
- Commit to a student for a minimum of one year
How Do You Get Started?
- Fill out the online application below or download our pdf version here. Completed applications can be emailed to Paige Hatley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we receive your completed application, we will contact you to coordinate the next steps in our volunteer process.
"Done In A Day" Opportunities
Do you want to volunteer for CIS, but are unavailable to tutor or mentor a student? You can help CIS through our "Done In A Day" Opportunities.
Special Events - Opportunities range from being a member of a fundraising planning committee to participating on the day of the event. Our special events include Basket Brigade (Nov.), The Chocolate Affair (Feb.), Push Up & Up (May), and others throughout the year.
Speakers - Use your background and knowledge to inspire and educate youth. We frequently need presenters who can discuss various contemporary adolescent issues or open young eyes to career paths that they've never considered.
Let us know your time and talent, and we'll help you find your niche!
For more information about any of our volunteer opportunities, please contact our Coordinator of Volunteers, Paige Hatley at 843-740-6793 or by email at email@example.com.